City of Oakland offices are closed today, Monday, February 18, in observance of Presidents' Day.
How do I check if my vehicle was towed?
Go to Auto Plus Towing's website. From there, go to "VEHICLE TOWED" in the menu. You need to provide your license plate and VIN numbers.
Call Auto Plus Towing at (510) 261-8199. They are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and weekends and holidays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
My vehicle was towed. How do I get it back?
- Pay all your City of Oakland parking tickets (if towed because of parking tickets).
- Pay fees for towing and storage directly to the tow company.
- You may need to pay tickets from all other cities in California to have your vehicle released. Please note that there are no payment plans are not available for towed vehicles. Only the registered owner of the towed vehicle can challenge (contest) one or more of the unpaid tickets.
- Call the Oakland Police Department (OPD) Records Division (for stolen vehicles) at (510) 238-3021 to confirm that your vehicle has been towed. This line is answered 24/7. If your vehicle was stolen and towed, you will need to get a release form - you must have a valid driver's license and be able to show proof that you are the registered owner of the vehicle. Come to the Police Administration Building Records Division @ 455 7th Street, room 306 Oakland CA 94607. The Records Division is open Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and Saturdays, Sundays and all holidays (8:00 a.m. to noon).
Why did my vehicle get towed?
A vehicle can be towed in Oakland for any of the following reasons:
- Your vehicle was stolen and recovered by OPD.
- There is a boot on the vehicle but payment for the boot and parking tickets has not been received.
- A vehicle registration (plate tag) has been expired for more than six (6) months.
- A vehicle has more than $2,500 in unpaid parking tickets.
- A vehicle has five or more unpaid tickets in the State of California.
- Your vehicle has been tagged for being parked in one location for over three days without attempt to contact the City.
Call (800) 500-6484. We offer assistance in English, Spanish, Cantonese and Mandarin.