The mayors of Oakland & San Francisco have challenged each other to a Battle for the Bay on Creek to Bay Day, Sept. 21.
Schedule a Swim Test
Please follow the guidelines below to schedule your swim evaluation.
For inquiries regarding rowing or other swim tests, please follow the guidelines below. You must schedule your test.
- Individuals or organizations should contact the Aquatics Unit to schedule a time.
- All skill tests are held during the following times with advanced scheduling
- September through October: Saturdays between 3:00pm-5:00pm
- November through March: No scheduled times.
- April through May: Saturdays between 3:00pm-5:00pm
- June through August: prior authorization is needed during the summer months
- Testing will take place in the deep end (approx. 9 ft) of the facility during our scheduled public recreational swim times by a certified aquatics staff member
- Testing will take place at one of two facilities:
- Lions Pool – 3860 Hanly Road, Oakland, CA 94602 located in Dimond Park
- Temescal Pool – 371 45th Street, Oakland, CA 94609 located behind Oakland Technical High School
- Fee: $3 per swim test