This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
For inquiries regarding rowing or other swim tests, please follow the guidelines below. You must schedule your test.
- Individuals or organizations should contact the Aquatics Unit to schedule a time.
- All skill tests are held during the following times with advanced scheduling
- September through October: Saturdays between 3:00pm-5:00pm
- November through March: No scheduled times.
- April through May: Saturdays between 3:00pm-5:00pm
- June through August: prior authorization is needed during the summer months
- Testing will take place in the deep end (approx. 9 ft) of the facility during our scheduled public recreational swim times by a certified aquatics staff member
- Testing will take place at one of two facilities:
- Lions Pool – 3860 Hanly Road, Oakland, CA 94602 located in Dimond Park
- Temescal Pool – 371 45th Street, Oakland, CA 94609 located behind Oakland Technical High School
- Fee: $3 per swim test