Thank you, Oakland, for your patience and preparedness during the PG&E power shutdown. We are interested in your feedback so that we can better prepare for the future. Take this brief survey.
Petition for a New or Extended Residential Permit Parking Area
Petition for a new or extended Residential Permit Parking Permit Area by mail or in person.
1. Print the petition form above and satisfy the following requirements:
- a description or map showing the proposed residential area
- a signature, printed name, and address of at least 51% of addresses per block (blocks as defined by the Alameda County Assessor's Map)
- If creating a new RPP Area, the proposed area must contain at least 6 contiguous blocks
2. Submit the petition to:
Oakland Department of Transportation
Parking & Mobility Division
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 4344
Oakland, CA 94612-2033
3. OakDOT will review the petition and determine whether adequate parking restraints exist in the proposed zone
- at least 75% of parking spaces in the proposed area must be filled during OakDOT analysis to be approved
- OakDOT reviews only twice a year in the Spring and Fall
4. If petition is approved by OakDOT, the petition will be presented at a community meeting and a City Council hearing
- Notice of the community meeting will be posted at least 10 days prior on all block fronts proposed and mailed to each address within the petitioned RPP area
- A new annual permit costs $82
5. If approved by Council, permits will be ordered and residents will be given 1 month to purchase permits when available
Refer to Chapter 10.44 in the Oakland Municipal Code to learn more.