NOTICE: The mayors of Oakland & San Francisco have challenged each other to a Battle for the Bay on Creek to Bay Day, Sept. 21.

Request Loan Refinancing

If you want to refinance your mortgage due to financial hardship, emergency property repairs and improvements, or refinancing other mortgages, you need to submit a subordination application.

Application for Subordination


City of Oakland Department of Housing and Community Development Attn: Loan Servicing

250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
Suite 5313
Oakland, CA 94612

In a subordination agreement, a prior lender agrees that its mortgage or loan will be subordinate or junior to a loan received after the first loan is received.

The lender or title company should complete the application and submit with the required supporting documents.

Please mail the complete package to submit the request. Do not fax or e-mail.