Thank you, Oakland, for your patience and preparedness during the PG&E power shutdown. We are interested in your feedback so that we can better prepare for the future. Take this brief survey.
Register for Lifeguard Classes
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course is to teach lifeguard candidates the skills and knowledge needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare candidates to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drownings and injuries. This course includes aquatic-specific first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR/AED) training for the professional rescuer.
- 15 years old (by course completion date)
- 300 yards of continuous swimming in prescribed order
- Recover 10lb. object from 7 – 10 ft. of water in 1min 40sec
- Tread water for 2 minutes with legs only
1. 12/22-1/5/19 (Blended Learning) - Saturday 9am-5pm - Live Oak Pool
2. 12/26-12/30/18 (Blended Learning) - Wednesday/Friday/Sunday 9am-5pm - Live Oak Pool
3. 3/25-3/28/19 - Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm - Temescal Pool
4. 3/29-4/1/19 - Friday-Monday 9am-5pm - Live Oak Pool
5. 5/13-5/24/19 (Blended Learning) - Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5pm-9pm - Live Oak Pool
6. 5/31-6/3/19 - Friday-Monday 9am-5pm - Live Oak Pool
Fee: $100 for Registered Oakland Students under 21 years old / $190 Oakland Resident / $225 Non-resident