Due to the Shelter In Place Order issued on March 16, 2020, all drop-in housing counseling and workshops have been canceled.
Rent Program staff members remain available to assist members of the public by phone at (510) 238-3721 during normal business hours Monday-Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. Please leave a message and a housing counselor will return your call within 24 hours. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New petitions should be submitted online. All petition related documents should be submitted by mail to 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, CA 94612 or by email to email@example.com.
Tenants may challenge a loss of service if they believe it is more than the allowed increase. To challenge a loss of service, a tenant may file a petition for a service that:
- is no longer offered;
- used to be covered by property owners, but the tenant is now being charged for;
- has changed substantially since move-in;
- is a serious defect in the unit that affects the health or safety in the unit.
Tenants may challenge a rent increase if they believe it is more than the allowed increase. To challenge a rent increase, a tenant must file a petition:
- Within 90 days of receiving the notice of rent increase with a Rent Adjustment Program Notice
- Within 120 days of receiving the notice of rent increase if the tenant did not receive the Rent Adjustment Program Notice
- OR if at any time the tenant was not served with the Rent Adjustment Program Notice.
Here’s a checklist of what you, as a tenant, will need to file this petition:
- Contact information for the property owner or property manager
- Reasons you are filing the petition, based on a rent increase or loss of housing services.
- Your rental history, including date of rent increase(s)
- If applicable, description of lost housing services, the date when the housing service loss began, and estimated dollar value of housing service loss
- Proof of Service: This is a stand-alone Proof of Service that can be used to serve all RAP documents that do not include a Proof of Service.