- Certificate of Compliance is a legally recorded document which certifies that a parcel of land complies with the Subdivision Map and local laws.
- The California Subdivision Map Act, Section 66499.35 of the Government Code allows for a Certificate of Compliance or Conditional Certificate of Compliance to be recorded.
- It allows a person to apply for a determination as to whether a division of land complied with the State and local laws in effect at the time of division.
- If a division of land complied with the State and Local Laws at the time of the division a Certificate of Compliance may be recorded. If the division of land did not comply then a Conditional Certificate of Compliance may be recorded.
- After the Certificate with accompanying parcel legal description is recorded it certifies that the parcel of land complies with the Subdivision Map Act and Local Laws. The parcel is than acknowledged as being a legally created parcel.
- However, it does not guarantee that the parcel can be developed or further subdivided.
DOT Permit Counter Hours
Monday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
Tuesday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
Wednesday: 9:30am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
Thursday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
Friday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 4th Floor, Suite 4314, Oakland, CA 94612