- Certificate of Compliance is a legally recorded document which certifies that a parcel of land complies with the Subdivision Map and local laws.
- The California Subdivision Map Act, Section 66499.35 of the Government Code allows for a Certificate of Compliance or Conditional Certificate of Compliance to be recorded.
- It allows a person to apply for a determination as to whether a division of land complied with the State and local laws in effect at the time of division.
- If a division of land complied with the State and Local Laws at the time of the division a Certificate of Compliance may be recorded. If the division of land did not comply then a Conditional Certificate of Compliance may be recorded.
- After the Certificate with accompanying parcel legal description is recorded it certifies that the parcel of land complies with the Subdivision Map Act and Local Laws. The parcel is than acknowledged as being a legally created parcel.
- However, it does not guarantee that the parcel can be developed or further subdivided.
Apply By Email: email your completed application to DOTOnlinePermits@oaklandca.gov.
If you have questions about the Certificate of Compliance application, please call the DOT Permit Counter at 510-238-3199 or email DOTOnlinePermits@oaklandca.gov.