Apply for Taxi Up & Go Program (TUGO)
The Taxi Up & Go Program provides FREE Taxi Scrip to seniors and disabled adults who need transportation to and assistance with attending medical appointments and grocery shopping.
The Taxi Up & Go Program is a partnership between the Senior Companion Program and Oakland Paratransit for the Elderly and Disabled (OPED). OPED supports TUGO with Measure B funds received from the Alameda County Transportation Commission.
To participate in TUGO, you must reside in the City of Oakland and an escort must accompany you in the cab.
Taxi Up & Go Program includes:
- A maximum of two FREE taxi rides per fiscal year*
- A Senior Companion Volunteer to escort you to your appointment and
- You may use your own caregiver to escort you, if you have one
*Number of rides is dependent on program funding and may change without prior notice and at any time.
The Taxi Up & Go Program is a FREE service!
- You must live in The City of Oakland
- You are in need of transportation and an escort
- You are a senior or disabled adult
- Have a limited income or limited resources