This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
What To Report
The intentional misappropriation of City assets by an act including, but not limited to, theft, embezzlement or misrepresentation. Fraud can be external or internal, in that it can be perpetrated by contractors or vendors, as well as by other City
departments and employees. Examples of fraud include:
- Submitting fictitious invoices for personal goods and services;
- Theft of City property, such as inventory or supplies;
- Falsification of records, such as time cards, travel or other expense;
- Falsely reporting expenses for reimbursement;
- Stealing a check the City issued to another payee;
- Taking or "skimming" cash paid for City services, such as parking, permits or fines;
- Computer fraud or information theft;
- Utilizing City property for personal use;
- Accepting a bribe, kickback or illegal gratuity;
- Obtaining a benefit or service from the City for which a person, organization or department did not qualify for;
- Recording fictitious sales;
- Auditing or accounting irregularities;
The needless, careless or extravagant expenditure of City funds or misuse of resources as a result of inefficient or ineffective practices, systems or controls.
Behaving improperly or unreasonably or misusing ones authority/employment in the City to obtain personal gain or benefit to which one is not entitled, for the employee or for someone else, such as a friend or family member. Such actions constitute abuse of position and abuse of the public trust.