- February 17, 2019, 3:07 PM - Oakland patrol officers responded to 2300 Broadway on a report of a strong-armed robbery involving four suspects. Officers determined that the same suspects and an associated vehicle were possibly linked to a series of robberies which occurred on February 16th, 2019. The suspect vehicle was later observed by patrol officers and a vehicular pursuit ensued. Ultimately, the pursuit ended, and two male juvenile Oakland residents were taken into custody.
- February 15, 2019, 7:27 AM - Oakland patrol officers responded to the 2500 block of Wood Street to investigate a report of a person shot. Officers located a victim suffering from fatal gunshot wounds. Patrol officers and Homicide Investigators arrested a male adult in connection with this case.
- February 10, 2019, 10:28 PM - Oakland patrol officers were dispatched to the 2100 block of Linden Street on a report of a shot spotter activation. Fortunately, no one was injured, information provided to the officers led them to an adult male Oakland resident who was arrested, a firearm was recovered.
- February 8, 2019, 5:26 AM - Oakland patrol officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Webster Street on a report of a shooting. While on scene officers received information regarding the suspect and were able to arrest an adult male Oakland resident. A firearm was recovered.
- February 6, 2019, 6:00 AM - Oakland patrol officers responded to the 3700 Block of E12th Street on a report of an armed robbery. Officers located the suspects in which a brief foot pursuit occurred and ultimately two male adult Oakland and Antioch residents were arrested.
- February 5, 2019, 10:04 PM - Oakland patrol officers responded to 54th Avenue and Holland Street to investigate at Shotspotter alert and a report of a person who had been shot. Officers located an adult male Oakland resident suffering from apparent gunshot wound(s). The victim was transported to a local hospital and listed in grave condition.
- February 5, 2019, 9:40 PM - the Oakland Police Department Ceasefire Section on-viewed a shooting in the 7600 block of Weld Street. Officers were able to arrest the two suspects in connection with the shooting.
- February 3, 2019, 8:00 PM - Oakland patrol officers responded to the 1600 block of Fruitvale Avenue to investigate a report of an armed robbery. Officers obtained a description of the suspect and suspect vehicle. The preliminary investigation led officers make an arrest of one adult male at Foothill Boulevard and E-24th Street.
- February 1, 2019, 2:10 AM - Oakland patrol officers were dispatched to the 500 block of International Boulevard on a report of an armed robbery. A description of the suspect and suspect vehicle was provided. Several hours later officers located the suspect vehicle which was occupied in the 2300 block of E. 16th Street. A brief vehicle pursuit ensued which ultimately ended and the vehicle’s solo occupant, an adult male Oakland resident, was taken into custody. A loaded firearm was recovered.
- January 17, 2019, 6:15 PM, Oakland patrol officers responded to the 10600 block of Russett Street on a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located an adult Oakland resident who was suffering from gunshot wound(s). On January 19, 2018 the victim succumbed to his injuries. Homicide investigators made an arrest in this case.
- January 17, 2019, 3:15 PM - OPD Ceasefire Section and Crime Reduction Team 5 (CRT5) officers conducted a joint operation to arrest wanted suspects in connection with shootings suspects. Arrested two adults and one juvenile.
- January 17, 2019, 3:58 PM - OPD Patrol officers responded to the 900 block of 28th St. for a report of two people shooting at each other. There were no victims inured. Officers arrested one male Oakland resident.
- January 16, 2019, 6:50 PM - OPD Patrol officers responded to the 2000 block of 36th Ave. for a report of an attempted carjacking. Officers contacted the victims who provided a description of three suspects. Officers arrested one juvenile male Oakland resident.
- January 14, 2019, 6:20 AM - OPD Patrol officers were dispatched to the 8000 block of A St on a report of an interrupted residential burglary where the suspect brandished a firearm at the victims and then fled with the stolen property. The victims provided officers with a description and license plate of the suspect vehicle. Later that day, officers located the suspect vehicle, occupied, in the 5500 block of MacArthur Blvd. two adult male Oakland Residents were taken into custody.
- January 19, 2019, 7:44 PM - OPD Patrol Officers were in the 1300 block of 7th Street when they were flagged down by a victim of an attempted robbery. The victim directed the officers to two male juvenile Oakland residents, who were taken into custody.
- January 4, 2019, 8:56 PM – OPD was notified of a Shotspotter activation in the area of 11th and Center St. When officers arrived on scene, they located three male adults suffering from fatal gunshot wounds. Several weeks later investigators made an arrest.
- January 2, 2019, 10:25 PM - OPD Patrol officers responded to the 1700 block of Alice Street on a report of an armed robbery. The investigation led to San Francisco, where three male juvenile residents of Oakland were arrested. The firearm was recovered along with loss from the robbery.
- January 2, 2019, 8:55 PM - OPD Patrol officers observed a stolen vehicle which was connected and used in several robberies in the City of Oakland. The vehicle fled from officers and a vehicle pursuit was initiated. Subsequently, with the assistance of ARGUS (OPD Helicopter) Oakland Police Officers were able to take three juvenile suspects into custody. During the search of the vehicle, a loaded firearm was located along with loss from the robbery.
- January 2, 2019, 5:01 PM - OPD Patrol officers responded to the 1600 block of Broadway to investigate a report of a stabbing. Officers arrested the suspect who was still in scene, a male adult, Oakland resident.
The Good Work of the Oakland Police Department (OPD)
Everyday OPD officers and professional staff are working hard to fight crime and make Oakland safer for all residents and visitors.
Date Posted: February 14th, 2019 @ 11:47 AM
Last Updated: February 23rd, 2019 @ 10:33 AM