Notice to Cease (Under the Just Cause for Eviction Ordinance)Download
Notice of Eviction for Repairs (Under the Just Cause for Eviction Ordinance)Download
Property Owner Petition to Extend Time of Tenant Vacancy for RepairsDownload
Within ten (10) days of service of a notice of eviction, a copy of the same notice and any accompanying materials must be filed with the Rent Board. Each notice will be indexed by property address. These notices are public record and are available for inspection during normal business hours.
- All notice of evictions must include the following:
- A statement describing the reason for eviction,
- A statement saying that advice regarding the eviction notice is available from the Rent Board.
- Where an eviction due to the owner or their family to move in, the notice must also contain the following:
- A listing of all property owned by the intended future occupant(s),
- The address of the property, if any, of the person moving in in which they claim a homeowner’s property tax exemption
- Where an eviction is due to substantial repairs, the notice must also contain:
- A statement informing tenants of their right to payment under the Oakland Relocation Ordinance.
- The following statement: “When the needed repairs are completed on your unit, the property owner must offer you the opportunity to return to your unit with a rental agreement containing the same terms as your original one and with the same rent (although landlord may be able to obtain a rent increase under the Oakland Residential Rent Arbitration Ordinance [O.M.C. Chapter 8.22, Article I).”
- The estimated time required to complete the repairs and the expected date that the unit will be ready for move-in.