See Brooklyn Basin Project Timelines
Date Posted: August 31st, 2018 @ 3:44 PM
Last Updated: September 13th, 2018 @ 1:03 PM
- April 25, 2016 – Digital signs are placed to notify users, residents and businesses of upcoming Bridge closure for construction beginning May 11, 2016.
- November 2015 – City kept the bridge open until additional regulatory approvals were obtained for changes to some of the construction methods. These additions only impacted construction efficiencies – they did not impact final design elements or appearance. Once the specific date for bridge closure is established, the City will provide the public with at least two full weeks’ notice. We will again make public announcements and place the electronic signage along Embarcadero.
- August 2015 – Embarcadero Bridge project was anticipated to start construction. A community meeting was held. Project team had to work out final permits and approvals before construction could start.
- June 2015 – The ZHOP Embarcadero roadway project began.
- March 2015 – City of Oakland approved Phase 1 Streets & Infrastructure Final Development Permit, and roadway construction activities got underway. Construction activities included site remediation for hazardous materials.
- 2004-2009 – The original approvals can be viewed below and accessed at Brooklyn Basin & Embarcadero Improvement Projects.