Info: The mayors of Oakland & San Francisco have challenged each other to a Battle for the Bay on Creek to Bay Day, Sept. 21.

Schedule Your Inspections with Public Works

By Phone (private sewer laterals)

(510) 238-3651

In Person


By Phone (transportation-related)

(510) 238-3860

The Public Works Department permits for construction around the area of your property including:

  1. CGS (curb, gutter, sidewalk, encroachment)
  2. X (excavations)
  3. SL (Sewer Lateral)
  4. P-Job (Infrastructure for larger projects around landscaping)

During construction you will need to schedule inspections with the Public Works Department to make sure your space complies with these permits.

You may also contact us through e-mail at