Applications are now open. See How to apply for more detail.
The amount of the grant will vary depending on when the restaurant opened and the restaurant's revenue amounts, but will not exceed $10 million per restaurant group or $5 million per individual restaurant. Restaurants that opened during 2020 may apply for grants to cover eligible expenses incurred. Businesses that received a PPP loan will be eligible for these grants, however, the amount of PPP loans received in 2020 will be subtracted. Those businesses that receive or have a pending application for a shuttered venue operators grant are not eligible.
Grants may be used for:
- Payroll and benefits (not including employee compensation exceeding $100,000/year)
- Mortgage or rent
- Maintenance and construction to accommodate outdoor seating
- Supplies (including PPE and cleaning materials)
- Food and beverage expenses
- Operational expenses
- Sick leave
- Other expenses deemed essential by the Administrator
It has been reported that for the first 3 weeks of the application period, SBA will prioritize awarding grants to small businesses owned and operated by women, veterans and socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
SBA Call Center Help Line: 844-279-8898, staffed 5am-5pm Pacific Time, Monday to Friday, supports up to 10 languages.