The following organizations provided intensive outreach and case management to small business owners in their respective communities to bolster awareness and ensure equitable participation in various city, county, and state grant programs. Their outreach efforts were multi-pronged, combining phone calling, emailing, social media posting, and minimal in-person contact. Many provided one-on-one support to help owners complete the various grant applications and helped businesses owned by immigrants, non-English speakers, and minorities. Combined, these organizations assisted more than 1,600 small businesses.
- The Unity Council ($100,000)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce ($100,000)
- Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce ($100,000)
- Chinatown Chamber of Commerce ($100,000)
- OCCUR ($100,000)
- African American Chamber of Commerce ($100,000)
- East Oakland Community Development Corp/Entrepreneurship Forum ($100,000)