Please Review the Complete Guidelines for this Grant Opportunity Linked Above.
For Festivals that will take place between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023
Application Portal Opens: Monday May 16, 2022 - 10AM PST
Thursday July 7, 2022 - 5PM PST. Late applications will not be accepted.
Neighborhood Voices for Festivals amplifies the cultural expressions, stories, and heritage found within Oakland's neighborhoods and their community members who historically have not received equitable investments of resources or recognition.
Neighborhood Voices for Festivals encourages applications from Oakland-based community builders that are focused on building neighborhood vibrancy and community cohesion. Festivals to be supported may include, but are not limited to: cultural heritage practices, performances in dance, music or theater, visual art and public arts exhibitions/events, and literary presentations, that are rooted in a sense of place.
Applications from the following are encouraged:
- Festivals that lift-up the cultural identity of a people or the historical significance of a neighborhood;
- Racial/ethnic-specific communities or other types of communities that are under-recognized or lack visibility in Oakland;
- Festivals in neighborhoods with few formal cultural resources (such as, cultural centers, performance venues, art galleries, cultural education programs, etc.); and
- Partners who are deeply grounded and engaged in the neighborhood where the festival is based.
Individuals are ineligible for this grant category. Sporting events, Conferences, Symposiums and Summits are also not eligible for this grant opportunity.
INFORMATIONAL WEBINARS (Held Virtually)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance and receive the Zoom link.
- Tuesday May 24, 2022, 12:00PM - 1:00PM
- Thursday June 2, 2022, 4:00PM - 5:00PM
PROGRAM TIMELINE (dates may be subject to change)
Application Portal Opens: Monday May 16, 2022, 10:00AM
Application Informational Webinars via Zoom: May 24, 2022 & June 6, 2022
Applications Due: Thursday July 7, 2022, 5PM
Public Panel Deliberations: Monday August 29, 2022
Funding Advisory Committee Review: September 7, 2022
Life Enrichment Committee Review: October 24, 2022 (tentative)
City Council Approval & Review: November 1, 2022 (tentative)
Grant Agreements Sent to Grantee for Completion: November 8, 2022 (tentative)
Grant Checks Processed: January 2023 (TBD: 6+ weeks after completed grant agreement is received)
For all inquires related to this grant opportunity, please contact Raquel Iglesias at email@example.com or call (510) 238-2212