Looking for Assistance?

Posted: August 31st, 2018 3:44 PM

Last Updated: January 20th, 2021 7:39 PM

Learn about what organizations AC-OCAP funds here. Other commonly requested services and resources are grouped by category below.

Child Support

Employment & Job Training

Energy Assistance

  • Weatherization: To determine eligibility or apply, call 510-881-0300 ext. 272 or visit Spectrum Weatherization
  • Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): To determine eligibility or apply, call 510-881-0300, or visit Spectrum HEAP

Food Security

Housing & Community Development

If you are having a housing crisis or in need of other support, 2-1-1 is a toll-free phone number that provides free and confidential information and referrals on housing and health and social services. Call 211 in Alameda County to speak with a call specialist, or learn more online here.

Legal Assistance

Medical & Health Services


  • Oakland Paratransit (OPED): OPED provides Senior Shuttle Services to Oakland low-income seniors via contract with Bay Area Community Services (BACS)
  • Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) Repair Assistance: Vehicle owners who meet the program eligibility requirements may receive assistance paying for emissions-related repairs. Financial assistance is based on the availability of funds.