Learn about what organizations AC-OCAP funds here. Other commonly requested services and resources are grouped by category below.
Employment & Job Training
- Alameda County Workforce Development Board
- East Bay Works
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Oakland Private Industry Council (PIC)
- Weatherization: To determine eligibility or apply, call 510-881-0300 ext. 272 or visit Spectrum Weatherization
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): To determine eligibility or apply, call 510-881-0300, or visit Spectrum HEAP
Housing & Community Development
If you are having a housing crisis or in need of other support, 2-1-1 is a toll-free phone number that provides free and confidential information and referrals on housing and health and social services. Call 211 in Alameda County to speak with a call specialist, or learn more online here.
- Community Housing Services
- Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA)
- Oakland Housing Authority (OHA)
Medical & Health Services
- Please visit the Alameda Social Services website or call 1-800-698-1118
- Oakland Paratransit (OPED): OPED provides Senior Shuttle Services to Oakland low-income seniors via contract with Bay Area Community Services (BACS)
- Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) Repair Assistance: Vehicle owners who meet the program eligibility requirements may receive assistance paying for emissions-related repairs. Financial assistance is based on the availability of funds.