Staff will be hosting presentations and conversations at public hearings, community events and stakeholder meetings through February. Please join us at these public meetings and events to share your comments on the Preliminary Draft Plan with staff:
- Planning Commission – Wednesday, January 23 (6:00 PM, Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza)
- Landmarks Preservation Board – Monday, February 4 (6:00 PM, Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza)
- Planning Commission – Wednesday, February 6 (6:00 PM, Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza)
- OACC Lunar New Year Celebration – Sunday, February 10 (11:00 AM, 388 9th Street, Suite 290)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission – Wednesday, February 13 (4:30 PM, 666 Bellevue Avenue)
- Planning Commission – Wednesday, February 20 (6:00 PM, Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza)
- BAMBD Fest Info Session & Tabling Fair – Tuesday, February 19 (5:00 PM, Oakstop: 1721 Broadway #201)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission – Thursday, February 21 (6:00 PM, Hearing Room 4, City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza)
- Black Joy Parade – Sunday, February 24 (12:30 PM, Downtown Oakland)
If you are unable to attend any of the meetings or would like to submit more extensive comments, please submit your comments on the preliminary draft to Alicia Parker at email@example.com or Bureau of Planning, 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 3315, Oakland, CA 94612, (510) 238-3362.
Comments on the Notice of Preparation (NOP) are due February 21, 2019. Comments on the NOP should be focused on the topics that you think should be studied in the EIR’s analysis, such as climate change, air quality, and public services/utilities.
Comments on the Preliminary Draft are due March 1, 2019. Comments on the Preliminary Draft may be focused on any aspect of the Preliminary Draft, including but not limited to the Preliminary Draft’s recommendations for goals, outcomes, measures of success, policies, and the draft general plan, land use character and intensity options.
Once the Draft EIR and Draft Specific Plan are published in August, the public will have another chance to review and provide feedback on both documents.