Important: Oakland is developing a 10-year Equitable Climate Action Plan (ECAP). Let us know what you think.
Level 2 Use of Force (UOF)
Level 2 UOF represents the 2nd most severe level of force (1 being most severe, 4 being least severe). Read below to learn more about types of Level 2 UOF as well as about OPD UOF definitions and policies.
Learn more about how OPD UOF definitions and policiesDefinitions and Policies
Level 2 Uses of Force include the following:
- Any strike to the head (except for an intentional strike with an impact weapon)
- Application of a carotid restraint without the loss of consciousness
- Any use of an impact weapon or any other object with contact, regardless of injury
- Any unintentional firearm discharge without injury
- Any bite by a police canine
- Any use of force resulting in injury requiring emergency medical treatment (beyond first aid) or hospital admittance