NOTICE: Due to changes in the weather forecast, PG&E no longer anticipates public safety power shutoffs in Oakland or Alameda County tomorrow, November 20.
Level 2 Use of Force (UOF)
Level 2 UOF represents the 2nd most severe level of force (1 being most severe, 4 being least severe). Read below to learn more about types of Level 2 UOF as well as about OPD UOF definitions and policies.
Learn more about how OPD UOF definitions and policiesDefinitions and Policies
Date Posted: August 31st, 2018 @ 3:44 PM
Last Updated: September 13th, 2018 @ 1:02 PM
Level 2 Uses of Force include the following:
- Any strike to the head (except for an intentional strike with an impact weapon)
- Application of a carotid restraint without the loss of consciousness
- Any use of an impact weapon or any other object with contact, regardless of injury
- Any unintentional firearm discharge without injury
- Any bite by a police canine
- Any use of force resulting in injury requiring emergency medical treatment (beyond first aid) or hospital admittance