- All patrons entering the facility during drop in fee swim programs are required to pay the facility admission, including swimmers, non-swimmers, and spectators.
- Children who do not meet the height requirement must be ACCOMPANIED and SUPERVISED in the water, within arm's reach, at all times by a responsible individual 14 years or older.
- Temescal and Lions Pools 54"
- All other OPR Pools 48"
- Please WALK at all times - NO RUNNING!
- Horseplay, dunking, shoulder rides, fighting, or any other activity that could be harmful to yourself or others are not allowed.
- All pool users and patrons must wear appropriate swim attire. No cut-offs, leotards, underwear or T-shirts are allowed in a swimming pool. (CA. Health Code #65541)
- Babies or toddlers will not be allowed in the pool without appropriate swim diaper. No disposable or cloth diapers are allowed. (CA. Health Code #65541)
- Please take a shower prior to pool use. (CA. Health Code #65541)
- Report any known health conditions or disability to pool management prior to entering water.
- Please be aware of changing depth of water - stay in depth of water that is appropriate to your swimming ability. If you are responsible for another individual, be aware of their swimming ability and/or limitations.
- Flips, cannonballs, helicopter or jack knives from edge of pool are not allowed. NO DIVING IN SHALLOW WATER.
- Glass containers, food, drinks, or smoking are not allowed in any area of the pool facility.
- Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area, with the exception of guide dogs and service dogs. Guide dogs and service dogs are allowed on deck, but not in the water.
- Patrons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be denied admission.
- Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- In order to swim in the deep end, a swim test of 4 widths of a pool and 1 minute of treading is administered. A patron must take a swim test during all recreational swim times.
- Admission refunds are not given due to unforeseen circumstances such as pool evacuations or emergencies.
- Private lessons may not be given by non-OPR Aquatics staff without written authorization from Aquatics Management.
- Photography and filming are prohibited at all times unless pre-authorized by Aquatics Management.
- Prolonged breath holding and underwater swimming have proven to be a deadly activity and is strongly discouraged.
Pool rules vary according to facility and are not limited to those listed above.
Lifeguards will ensure safety and provide direction as needed to prevent injuries or accidents. Poor sportsmanship, misconduct, or blatant disregard of the established posted rules may be suspended from the facility under the Behavior Management Policy. Pool rules and regulations are posted at each pool site and are available in multiple language translations.
Pool Use Reminders
The Aquatics Unit does not take responsibility for lost or stolen articles. Refrain from bringing any valuables to the pool (money, jewelry...). If you should have any problems, please report them immediately to aquatics staff.
LAP SWIM ETIQUETTE
BEFORE ENTERING ANY LANE, ALERT ALL PERSONS ALREADY SWIMMING.
TRY TO FIND A LANE THAT FITS YOUR SPEED
- If swimmers pass you, or you are passing swimmers, please move to a lane that best fits your pace.
- Please utilize the designated areas for aqua walking and jogging.
- Lifeguards may move swimmers into appropriate lanes, if necessary.
- Do not assume you can use the same lane every visit.
- Please circle swim in a counter-clockwise direction at all times. Stay to the right of the black line at the bottom of the pool. Be aware of swimmers around you.
- Passing is only permitted at the end of the lane.
- Tap the toes of the swimmers in front of you just before he/she reaches the wall.
- If you are tapped on the toes, please stop at the wall and let the swimmer pass.
- Many swimming styles have a 4 to 5 foot wide kick or arm stroke which can be dangerous to others in your lane and adjacent lanes, please be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Pull buoys and kickboards are available for your use only during lap swim hours.
- You may bring your own equipment including fins, goggles, and snorkel.
- Please ask the lifeguard if you have questions about other equipment.
- Please be courteous, understanding, and flexible with other swimmers.
- Please cooperate with the lifeguard's directions or requests.
YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL POOL RULES
- NO diving during lap swim hours.
- NO shouting, screaming, or abusive language toward another swimmer or lifeguard.
- NO physical contact with another swimmer other than a tap on the toe to pass.
- ANY INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EJECTION FROM THE FACILITY.
PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS
- If you have problems communicating with another lap swimmer, please ask the lifeguard for assistance.
- Please let us know of any problems, concerns or suggestions you may have to help us improve this program.
- Please notify the front desk staff and lifeguard if you need any assistance. We want to accommodate everyone to the best of our ability.