Let us know what you think. Please take this survey to help us improve access to City services.
Read the Rent Adjustment Program OrdinanceRead Online
Tenant Guide to the Rent Adjustment ProgramDownload
Property Owner Guide to the Rent Adjustment ProgramDownload
- Tenants may petition to challenge certain rent increases
- Tenants may also petition for a decrease in rent paid due to a loss in service.
- Property owners may petition for certain rent increases
- Property owners may petition for exemption from the RAP for qualifying properties
- Property owners may apply to remove a property from the rental market as allowed by the Ellis Act.
Rent increases based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) are allowed. Rent increases based on banking also are allowed. Banking includes any CPI-based rent increase that the landlord delays. The property owner can impose these increases at a later date.
Property owners who want to increase rent more than the CPI increase must submit a petition.
If you file online you will receive an email confirmation. If you file by paper, you will receive a letter confirming receipt of your petition.