Help us make the City’s website work better for Oaklanders. We’re redesigning how Oaklanders access important city services. Complete this 5-10 minute exercise to test how well the new navigation works.

Learn More About Park Use Guidelines

Download a List of Park Hours

PARK CLOSURES Observe area and seasonal closures

RED FLAG DAYS - During the East Bay fire season, park visitors should check for Red Flag warnings. Fire season generally runs between May through October. On Red Flag Days, parks and their rental facilities may be closed to all visitors due to the high risk of fire. Please observe posted notices.

MOTORIZED VEHICLES - Motorized vehicles may be operated only on designated public access streets and parking lots.

CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF - Littering and dumping is subject to a fine. Please pick up and remove your litter from park grounds. If there are no available trash receptacles near you or if they are full, we kindly request that you take your litter with you.

NO COLLECTING - Do not remove trees, plants, fungi or animals from parks. No collecting within the park.

TRAIL USE - Many parks have multi-use natural trails. For safety, bicyclists yield to horses and hikers; horse riders yield to hikers.

STAY ON TRAILS - Please stay on trails to protect park soil from erosion and to conserve native plants and wildlife .

ON-LEASH DOGS ONLY - Oakland is a dog friendly community. Dogs should be kept on lease and under voice command. You can find off-leash dog play areas in our directory.

PICNIC SITES - Unless you have a permit or reservation, sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

FIRE USE - No fires within parks, except for charcoal fires on City-provided barbecue pits. Please put out your fire before leaving the picnic site. We encourage visitors to dump their coals in designated containers. If these containers are not accessible, please remove coals from the park to avoid a potential fire.

WEAPONS OR FIREWORKS - No weapons or fireworks permitted.

NOISE AND SOUND - Do not create excessive noise including loud music heard for more than 50 feet and barking dogs. If you want to play music on speakers, you will need to get a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department.

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES - Alcoholic beverages are not allowed without a permit. You must serve and drink these beverages in the designated areas.

INFLATABLE JUMPERS AND BOUNCE HOUSES - Not all parks allow bounce houses. Contact the Parks and Recreation Department for approval at least 30 days before the event. You will need a certificate of insurance.

Posted: August 31st, 2018 3:44 PM

Last Updated: January 20th, 2021 7:55 PM

Was this page helpful?

Report a problem with this page

Your feedback will help us improve our website. We cannot reply individually to all feedback.
Your feedback will help us improve our website. We cannot reply individually to all feedback.
Your feedback will help us improve our website. We cannot reply individually to all feedback.