The United States is a top destination for sex trafficking, and the crime happens here in Oakland. The Oakland Police Department (OPD) wants to help people who are being trafficked. We rescue the victims and arrest the traffickers. We team up with advocacy groups so that victims can get help. And we partner with the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office to hold traffickers accountable.
You can help, too. If you are being trafficked or you think someone you know is a victim of trafficking, get help
Report Suspected Prostitution and Sex Trafficking
- You can make an anonymous report online - it's quick and easy!
- You can phone in an anonymous tip at 510-238-2373.
- If you have specific information about the individuals shown above or the crimes for which they’ve been arrested, please call 510-777-3333 to make a police report. Or if you prefer, use the anonymous tip line at 510-238-2373.
Victim Services and Information
- To obtain services for a victim, please call BAWAR (Bay Area Women Against Rape) at 510-430-1298. The BAWAR website has more information.
- Alameda County Human Exploitation and Trafficking (H.E.A.T.) Watch is a 5-point strategy to combat modern-day slavery. Learn more at HEAT Watch.
Sex Offender Registration Information
Megan's Law makes information about registered sex offenders accessible to you. The Megan’s Law website can provide you with general statistics on registered sex offenders believed to be living in your Oakland zip code.