Green streets improve Oakland’s watersheds by cleaning and slowing stormwater runoff from roadways, sidewalks and building surfaces before it enters creeks and the San Francisco Bay. The following resources will help you incorporate green infrastructure into your project:
- City of Oakland Green Infrastructure Guide Version 1.0 - Design guidance for green stormwater infrastructure projects on City-owned properties.
- Green Streets Guide – Design guidance for incorporating green stormwater infrastructure into streetscape improvement projects.
- C.3 Technical Guidance Manual (updated 2023) – How to meet Low Impact Development/Green Infrastructure requirements
- Bioretention area design specifications examples
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure Potential Evaluation Worksheet - City of Oakland Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Project
- Guidance for Sizing Green Infrastructure Facilities in Street Projects (BASMAA)
- The following link provides the City of Oakland's green stormwater infrastructure tracking and mapping tools: https://accwp.maps.arcgis.com/...