Thank you, Oakland, for your patience and preparedness during the PG&E power shutdown. We are interested in your feedback so that we can better prepare for the future. Take this brief survey.

Get Tax and Employer ID Numbers

Tax and Employer ID numbers are needed if you will have employees.

Call the IRS

(800) 829-1040

Call the California Employment Tax Office

(916) 654-7041

Date Posted: August 31st, 2018 @ 3:44 PM
Last Updated: September 13th, 2018 @ 1:01 PM

If you will have employees working for your business, you must get Employer Identification Numbers from the IRS and State Employer Identification Number from the California Employment Development Department.