*NOTE: FPB will try to provide same-day issuance for permits needed, however not all permits can be granted without further review and field inspection by the Fire Department. FPB cannot guarantee same-day (over the counter) issuance.
1. Vegetation Management Meeting
- Description: Meet with Fire Prevention Bureau staff to ask questions or address items pertaining to Vegetation Management (VM) Program.
For VM billing questions please email email@example.com.
- What to Bring to your Appointment: Oakland Fire Prevention Bureau FDV# or inspection record documents
2. Occupancy Permit Meeting
- Description: Ask questions or review the requirements for an Occupancy Permit application.
- What to Bring to your Appointment: Oakland Fire Prevention Bureau Intake Request Form or Inspection Record number.
3. Submit Payment
- Description: Submit payment to the Fire Prevention Bureau. Does NOT include FDB or FDV invoices or payment for Plan Review, please refer to your invoice number to confirm.
- What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Copy of your invoice displaying the invoice number (hard copy or picture of invoice are acceptable)
- Form of payment - check or credit card only, no cash accepted.
If your invoice number begins in "FDB" or "FDV", please submit payment by taking one of the following actions:
- Call: (510) 238-3462; or
- Click here to schedule an appointment with the Cashier.
- Complete a permit application
- Submit info or digital documents (thumb drive access available)
- Submit a Public Records Request
- Note: We recommend that you bring a USB flash drive to your computer workstation appointment, in order to upload and/or download any documents or materials, such as a permit application or plans.
For Fire Prevention Bureau Plan Review questions or payments, visit this webpage: https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/plan-review