This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
Download Community and Neighborhood Needs Assessment 2015 Survey ResultsDownload
Download 2015 Analysis of Impediments to Fair HousingDownload
Download 2011 Analysis of Impediments to Fair HousingDownload
The City of Oakland conducted a City-wide Community and Neighborhood Needs Assessment Survey required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The survey polled respondents about the level of need in their respective neighborhoods. The input received helped determine the priorities and resource allocations for federal HUD funds over the next five years.
Fair Housing Planning and the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
The City of Oakland prepare an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice every five years for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
By examining existing impediments to fair housing, the document is intended to inform the City’s strategy for addressing fair housing issues and identify what actions the City will take to address them from fiscal years 2015-2016 through 2019-2020.
The City updated preparing this document in 2015 by completing the following steps:
1. Gathering and analyzing demographic, housing, socioeconomic, economic, quality of life and mortgage data
2. Surveying residents to assess housing and community needs
3. Reviewing City policies, plans and other documents
4. Interviewing and gathering qualitative data from fair housing and tenant rights organizations
5. Reviewing fair housing complaint data
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Archived Documents