Handle Kitchen Oil in 3 Easy Steps: Pour, Scrape or Wipe, Toss!
- Pour cooking oils and grease into a compostable container (half gallon max) with a lid
- Remove remaining FOG by scraping greasy pans and absorbing oil with a paper towel
- Dispose of these items in your green compost cart (if available) or garbage
- To recycle larger amounts of FOG, please take it to a local FOG drop-off location
- Review the EBMUD Avoid A Clog Brochure
- To report Sewer Overflows, call OAK311 by dialing 311 or (510) 615-5566, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. If after hours, then press 0 for the Standby Crew.