For a body tasked with addressing equity to be successful, its process and work need to engage directly with those most impacted by inequities. Therefore it is important to center those most impacted in the process of setting up this body, meeting formats, communications and engagement, and adjust as necessary to be inclusive, transparent and responsive. The Advisory Council will follow the process outlined by the City of Oakland’s Department of Race and Equity’s Implementation Guide.
- Set Racial Equity Outcome(s)
- Identify and plan to engage stakeholders
- Gather supplemental information/qualitative data
- Identify Equity Gaps (burdens and barriers)
- Address Equity Gaps
- Evaluation and accountability