This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
Scope of Work in the Drug Analysis Unit
- Qualitative analyses are conducted on a range of submissions from solids, powders, liquids, tablets, capsules and pharmaceutical preparations to plant material.
- Presumptive and confirmatory tests are routinely performed.
- Case analysis notes and any generated report are preserved.
- The Drug Analysis Unit strives to maintain a twenty-four hour turn-around-time from the time of request to the report of results, when possible, unless an alternate due date is given.
- Quantitative analyses are not offered by the Oakland Police Department's Drug Analysis Unit.
- The Drug Analysis Unit emphasis is on solid dose identifications; toxicology, blood alcohol testing and extractions from bodily fluids to determine controlled substance content are not performed.