Posted: August 31st, 2018 3:44 PM
Last Updated: January 20th, 2021 7:59 PM
Scope of Work in the Drug Analysis Unit
- Qualitative analyses are conducted on a range of submissions from solids, powders, liquids, tablets, capsules and pharmaceutical preparations to plant material.
- Presumptive and confirmatory tests are routinely performed.
- Case analysis notes and any generated report are preserved.
- The Drug Analysis Unit strives to maintain a twenty-four hour turn-around-time from the time of request to the report of results, when possible, unless an alternate due date is given.
- Quantitative analyses are not offered by the Oakland Police Department's Drug Analysis Unit.
- The Drug Analysis Unit emphasis is on solid dose identifications; toxicology, blood alcohol testing and extractions from bodily fluids to determine controlled substance content are not performed.