Launched in April 2017, the citywide plan process included a research and discovery phase as well as a robust community engagement phase with a series of 14 meetings throughout Oakland, a survey of Oakland residents and the creation of a Cultural Asset map. The completed plan was adopted by Oakland City Council in July 2018.
Click here to read the release on the draft version of the Plan.
- 2018 Oakland Cultural Plan - City Council Presentation - Next Steps
- 2018 Oakland Cultural Plan - Full Plan
Cultural Plan Appendices
- Cultural Asset Map Methodology
- Community Engagement Report
- Cultural Planning Process: Literature Review and References
- Cultural Asset Map --- Please note: this mapping tool is a work in progress. Download the data from the Cultural Asset Map on an Excel spreadsheet. Have a suggestion of an asset that needs to be added to the map? Submit the venue information here. Please provide map feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include "Cultural Asset Map" in the subject line.
Mayor's Artist Task Force on Affordable Housing and Workspaces
West Oakland Specific Plan Chapter 8.3 entitled "Fostering the Creative Economy & Cultural Arts Community" begins on page 357
Downtown Specific Plan Chapter 4.8 (page 88) of the Plan Alternatives Report is on Arts & Cultural Heritage
Roberto Bedoya, Cultural Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or (510) 238-2136