The mayors of Oakland & San Francisco have challenged each other to a Battle for the Bay on Creek to Bay Day, Sept. 21.
Can the Crime Be Reported Online?
Use the following information to decide if the crime can be reported online, or if the crime must be reported in-person.
Click here to go back to the main Crime Reporting Options pageReport a Crime & Police Reports
Click here for iformation on reporting a crime in-person or by phoneReport Crime in Person
The crime CAN be reported online if ALL of the following are true:
1. The crime is NOT an emergency;
2. You are at least 18 years old;
3. You have a working email address;
4. The crime occurred within Oakland city limits; and
5. The crime did NOT occur on a freeway or highway.
The crime CANNOT be reported online if ANY of the following are true:
1. You know who who committed the crime;
2. You have evidence related to the crime, such as photographs and/or video;
3. The damage or value is over $5,000;
4. The lost or stolen property includes the loss of a firearm; or
5. The lost or stolen property includes the loss of a vehicle license plate.
6. The lost or stolen property is a motorized vehicle (automobile or other motorized vehicle).