This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
Click here to go back to the main Crime Reporting Options pageReport a Crime & Police Reports
Click here for iformation on reporting a crime in-person or by phoneReport Crime in Person
The crime CAN be reported online if ALL of the following are true:
1. The crime is NOT an emergency;
2. You are at least 18 years old;
3. You have a working email address;
4. The crime occurred within Oakland city limits; and
5. The crime did NOT occur on a freeway or highway.
The crime CANNOT be reported online if ANY of the following are true:
1. You know who who committed the crime;
2. You have evidence related to the crime, such as photographs and/or video;
3. The damage or value is over $5,000;
4. The lost or stolen property includes the loss of a firearm; or
5. The lost or stolen property includes the loss of a vehicle license plate.
6. The lost or stolen property is a motorized vehicle (automobile or other motorized vehicle).