Purchase Bike Link CardPurchase
To access eLockers, purchase a BikeLink card. Go to www.bikelink.org to purchase online, find card vendors, add value to your card, or watch instructional videos,
Renting an Oakland eLocker costs three to five cents an hour, and the first five hours of each rental are free. That means an eight-hour rental costs 9 to 15 cents and rentals under five hours will cost nothing at all.
Installed by the City of Oakland:
- 12th Street Station—in Frank Ogawa Plaza at the northwest corner of Broadway and 14th Street; 12 lockers, eight installed in 2006 and four in 2014.
- 19th Street Station—just south of the BART escalator on the east side Broadway between 20th and 19th Streets; eight lockers installed in 2007.
- Rockridge Branch Library—in the parking lot, eight installed in April 2019.
- Coming soon! Eight at the corner of Lake Park Ave and Lakeshore Ave.
Oakland's lockers were funded by grants from the Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA), the Alameda County Transportation Commission, and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
Installed by other agencies:
- Hundreds installed in Oakland by BART; see locations at www.bart.gov/guide/bikes.
- Twelve at Jack London Amtrak installed by the Capitol Corridor.
Unlike conventional lockers that are rented by the year to one person only, eLockers can be used by any cyclist with a BikeLink card. This wallet-sized card is pre-purchased like a Clipper Card and used to access any unoccupied locker. Bike parking costs just pennies a day. An innovative and secure locking technology allows for locker access by multiple consecutive users, an improvement over conventional lockers which remain empty much of the time.
INearly 1,000 eLockers are installed throughout Alameda County (most of them at BART stations). BART has installed 1,508 eLockers at their stations system-wide, 698 in Alameda County.
Send location requests to email@example.com.