The position is not always open, but when it is, only CalPERS-retired OPD officers may apply. Annuitants hired by OPD receive general supervision from an OPD Sergeant of Police and/or Police Personnel Operations Specialist.
* Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school
* Licensing: Must possess a valid Alameda County Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) license
* Insurance: Must possess valid Peace Officers Research Association of California Legal Defense Fund (PORAC LDF) Retired Associate Member Insurance (see link above)
* Required Experience: Retired Oakland Police Department Law Enforcement Personnel in the California Public Employees' Retirement System
* RAM LDF Combined App 2013 (see RAM insurance link above)
* Qualified applicants must pass a background investigation.
Complete the linked City of Oakland employment application form
Submit the completed application and proof of RAM insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off in person at the OPD Recruiting & Backgrounds office, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite D, Oakland, CA 94612.