OPD annuitants conduct public safety employee background investigations. They may work a maximum of 960 hours per fiscal year.
Information on obtaining RAM Insuranceclick here
RAM and RAM LDF Combined Applicationclick here
City of Oakland Annuitant Applicationclick here
The position is not always open, but when it is, only CalPERS-retired OPD officers may apply. Annuitants hired by OPD receive general supervision from an OPD Sergeant of Police and/or Police Personnel Operations Specialist.
* Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school
* Licensing: Must possess a valid Alameda County Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) license
* Insurance: Must possess valid Peace Officers Research Association of California Legal Defense Fund (PORAC LDF) Retired Associate Member Insurance (see link above)
* Required Experience: Retired Oakland Police Department Law Enforcement Personnel in the California Public Employees' Retirement System
* RAM LDF Combined App 2013 (see RAM insurance link above)
* Qualified applicants must pass a background investigation.
Complete the linked City of Oakland employment application form
Submit the completed application and proof of RAM insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off in person at the OPD Recruiting & Backgrounds office, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite D, Oakland, CA 94612.