The site was used as a college campus and a center for arts education associated with the American Arts and Craft Movement from 1922 to 2022. The California College of Arts relocated to San Francisco in 2022. The site is now vacated with 12 buildings and numerous site features remaining which qualify as an historic District, known as an Area of Primary Importance (API).
- Demolition of 10 of 12 buildings and grounds associated with the historic District (API).
- Preservation and rehabilitation of the portion of the API designated as the Treadwell Estate a City of Oakland Landmark. This includes Macky Hall and Carriage House which would be re-purposed for commercial and community use.
- Retention of portions of the Treadwell Estate landscape features as part of private open space with public access including the Macky Lawn, Broadway wall, steps, and a View Corridor from Macky hall to the intersection of Boadway and College Avenue.
- Development of 448 residential units in two buildings with maximum heights of 95 feet,
- 6,631 square feet of new ground floor commercial space on Broadway
- New outdoor public use areas along with enhancements to site access and installation of new landscaping.
Applicant Contact Information
Arts Campus LLC 415 489-1313