To deconstruct and reimagine the delivery of government services and the distribution of government resources though building authentic inclusive community relationships and empowering City staff.
We will empower impacted people by working to transform how they experience the City of Oakland through challenging existing narratives about how government works and by promoting a culture of racial equity and inclusion, innovation, accountability and transparent decision making among City staff and leadership.
VALUES AND METRICS FOR SUCCESS
- Creating space for intentional racially inclusive community access to decision makers.
- Creating space for intentional inclusive opportunities for government workers to engage with and build with community.
- Creating space for intentional shared community/government access to the solution generating pro-equity process.
- Increased community trust in City government.
- Measurable change in the lived experiences of residents most impacted by racial disparities.
- Measurable change in government culture and operations.
- Measurable change how community and the City government interact.
- Transparent decision making and project selection processes.
- Transparent sharing of outcomes.
- Transparent sharing of challenges.
- Transparent sharing of lessons learned and modifications made as a result.
- Transparent sharing of resources.
- Community accountability through role as constituents.
- City accountability through role as a services provider.
- Shared responsibility, when all are active in their role, it makes room for everyone to thrive.
- Operating from a mindset of abundance.
- Understanding that some solutions may require the use of more resources.
- Intentional focus on racial disparities, their root causes and how those disparities are perpetrated by institutions and systems.
- Defining benchmarks, tracking racial disparity data, and measuring outcomes as drivers for success to eliminate racial disparities in Oakland
To schedule office hours with the CDL please visit here https://calendly.com/oakcdl.
Prior to your office hours appointment, make sure you fill out the form found here: https://www.oaklandca.gov/serv...