To connect to your Network Folders, you must first be connected via GlobalProtect VPN.
How to Connect to Your Network Drive Folder
1. Hold down “Windows” key + R.
If you don’t have the key with the picture of windows on your keyboard, type “Run” in the search box on the lower left of your screen.
2. Once the “Run” window comes up, type \\oakland.local\foldername\ in the “Open:” field.
3. In the Network Credentials box, do not enter your password. Instead, click “More choices”
4. Click “Use a different account” and then click “OK.”
5. Now you're ready to enter your network credentials. The User Name should be the one with the “9,” for example smith9m. The password is the same password you would use to log in to your City of Oakland PC Workstation.
Once you’ve logged in, you’re ready to map to your network drive.
How to Map Network Drive Folder (Letter)
1. Type “File Explorer”, in the search field or Windows key + E.
2. Launch the File Explorer App
3. Select “This PC”, click “Computer”
4. Click Map Network Drive
5. Folder: \\oakland.local\foldername. Select Drive Letter (other than C: or D).
6. Enter your network credentials. The User ID should be the one with the “9,” for example smith9m. The password is the same password you would use to log in to your City of Oakland workstation.
Check the box “Remember my credentials”
7. If connected successfully, the folder contents should be listed and displayed.