The Workforce Development Board's service provider gives free help to local employers. They can help with:
- Recruitment Assistance including Job Fairs
- Assistance for staff layoffs including State compliance requirements
- Connecting businesses with qualified job candidates to fill your hiring needs
- List your job openings
The WDB offers On-the-Job Training (OJT). OJT assists employers with the cost of hiring and training new employees. It is funded through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and administered through the WDB Business Engagement and Services Provider, KRA. OJT enables employers to hire new employee and train them at their place of business while being reimbursed at a percentage of the new employees' wages during training.
As an employer, you understand the cost of hiring and training new employees. OJT helps employers by:
- Reducing the cost of hiring and training
- Providing pre-screened applicants for your position(s)
- You decide who to hire
- Assistance in designing a training plan that meets your needs
Please contact KRA below for your Business Service needs.
Jonathan Overall, Program Manager
24301 Southland Drive, Suite 409C
Hayward, CA 94545