Funding Advisory Committee Members
Jim Santi Owen, Co-Chair
American Percussionists, Producer, Educator and Performer
Program Officer, Kenneth Rainin Foundation
Senior Program Officer, East Bay Community Foundation
Michelle Mush Lee
Founder, Whole Story Group, LLC
Executive Director, Arts Education Alliance of the Bay Area
Senior Program Officer, The Libra Foundation
Director of Community Engagement, Community Arts Stabilization Trust
Funding Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule, Agendas & Minutes
2021 FAC Meeting Calendar
Please click the link to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/91585379899
Or One tap mobile :
US: +16699006833,,91585379899# or +14086380968,,91585379899#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or 833 548 0282 (Toll Free) or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free) or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 915 8537 9899
International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcUxyhoZ2x
October 13 6:00 – 7:30 PM
Public Comment Instructions
There are three ways to submit public comments. • eComment. To send your comment directly to Cultural Affairs Division staff BEFORE the meeting via email NBalram@oaklandca.gov
• To comment by Zoom video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” is available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129 - Raise-Hand-In-Webinar.
• To comment by phone, please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute your self by pressing *6. If you have any questions, please email Neha Balram, Program Analyst for the Cultural Affairs Division at NBalram@oaklandca.gov.
*Due to Alameda County’s Shelter-In-Place Order, in-person meetings are currently suspended. We are monitoring the Orders and will update this web page when in-person meetings are allowed to resume. In the meantime, all of the Funding Advisory Committee public meetings will be held via Zoom. A URL link will be provided on the Wednesday preceding the meeting.
Pursuant to the Governor's Executive Order N-29-20, all members of the Funding Advisory Committee and Cultural Affairs Division will join the meeting via phone/video conference and no teleconference locations are required.
The Committee meets quarterly in Hearing Room 1, Oakland City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, from 6:00 to 7:30 PM. The meetings are typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of January, April, July, and October.
Past FAC Meetings
December 3, 2020 6:00 - 7:30 PM - Agenda
November 26, 2019 Agenda Minutes
April 11, 2018 Cancelled
For Agendas and Minutes prior to those listed here, please visit our Funding Advisory Committee Agendas & Minutes Archive page.
Goals & Duties
- Advise Cultural Arts Programs staff and City Council on matters affecting City of Oakland funding programs, policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and/or revision of funding policies and review procedures for the Cultural Funding Program
- Assist in the creation of a pool of qualified individuals to serve as peer panelists, and serve as funding review panelists when available; review and approve panelists’ qualifications
- Be vigilant in monitoring the balance of diversity and opportunity when considering all aspects of the Cultural Funding Program
- Review funding panel recommendations and forward recommendations, through a staff report, to City Council and/or its Life Enrichment Committee
- Hear appeals from applicants
- Annually evaluate, with staff, the funding review process (including applications, guidelines, policies, procedures, and outreach) through solicitation of input from the public; make recommendations for revisions as needed
- Serve on subcommittees of the FAC, as needed
- Encourage and assist in the development of support for individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations within Oakland