Funding Advisory Committee Members
Program Officer, Kenneth Rainin Foundation
Intellectual Property Manager, SFMOMA
Michelle Mush Lee
Executive Director, Youth Speaks; Founder, Whole Story Group, LLC
Executive Director, Arts Education Alliance of the Bay Area
Director of Community Engagement, Community Arts Stabilization Trust
Funding Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule, Agendas & Minutes
September 7,2022 6:00-7:30PM Agenda
October 19, 2022 6:00-7:30PM
December 7, 2022 6:00-7:30PM
Pursuant to California Government Code section 54953(e), Funding Advisory Committee Members, as well as City staff, will participate via phone/video conference, and no physical teleconference locations are required.
*Due to Alameda County’s Shelter-In-Place Order, in-person meetings are currently suspended. We are monitoring the Orders and will update this web page when in-person meetings are allowed to resume. In the meantime, all of the Funding Advisory Committee public meetings will be held via Zoom. A URL link will be provided on the Wednesday preceding the meeting.
Public Comment Instructions
There are three ways to submit public comments. • eComment. To send your comment directly to Cultural Affairs Division staff BEFORE the meeting via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• To comment by Zoom video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” is available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129 - Raise-Hand-In-Webinar.
• To comment by phone, please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute your self by pressing *6. If you have any questions, please email Neha Balram, Program Analyst for the Cultural Affairs Division at email@example.com
The Committee meets quarterly in Hearing Room 1, Oakland City Hall, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, from 6:00 to 7:30 PM. The meetings are typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of January, April, July, and October.
Past FAC Meetings
January 13, 2021 6:00 – 7:30 PM Agenda
April 14, 2021 6:00 – 7:30 PM Agenda
July 14, 2021 6:00 – 7:30 PM Agenda
September 15, 2021 6:00 – 7:30 PM Agenda
October 13, 2021 6:00 – 7:30 PM Agenda
October 15, 2021 10:00 – 11:00 AM Agenda
December 3, 2020 6:00 - 7:30 PM - Agenda
For Agendas and Minutes prior to those listed here, please visit our Funding Advisory Committee Agendas & Minutes Archive page.
Goals & Duties
- Advise Cultural Arts Programs staff and City Council on matters affecting City of Oakland funding programs, policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and/or revision of funding policies and review procedures for the Cultural Funding Program
- Assist in the creation of a pool of qualified individuals to serve as peer panelists, and serve as funding review panelists when available; review and approve panelists’ qualifications
- Be vigilant in monitoring the balance of diversity and opportunity when considering all aspects of the Cultural Funding Program
- Review funding panel recommendations and forward recommendations, through a staff report, to City Council and/or its Life Enrichment Committee
- Hear appeals from applicants
- Annually evaluate, with staff, the funding review process (including applications, guidelines, policies, procedures, and outreach) through solicitation of input from the public; make recommendations for revisions as needed
- Serve on subcommittees of the FAC, as needed
- Encourage and assist in the development of support for individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations within Oakland