Alert: An Air Quality Advisory has been issued for the entire Bay Area. The current air quality in Oakland is UNHEALTHY. Stay inside. Limit outdoor activities.
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- High Rise and Office Fire Safety
- Home Fire Safety
- Senior Citizen Video Presentation
- Hospital and Nursing Home Fire Safety
The fire safety education will be provide through various activities that include: School/childcare visits, and public events.
To schedule this program: Please provide us a name and contact number, with preferred station, preferred day of the week and the name of and number of persons in your group. You will receive a reply email with your confirmation within 2 -3 weeks.Please provide us with a minimum of 30 days advance notice. In order to accommodate possible schedule conflicts, several alternative dates should be supplied.
- Kindergarten – to learn Stop, Drop and Roll, crawl low under smoke, know the sound of smoke alarm and calling 911
- 1st – 3rd graders – to learn how smoke alarm work, how to escape, using a secondary exit, outside meeting place and reporting Emergency (calling 911
- 4th – 5th graders – to learn the E.X.I.T.H (exit drills in the house), Smoke Alarm (function, installation, maintenance & purpose), Fire Triangle, Home Inspection and Outdoor fire safety
- Middle School (6th -8th graders) – Explorers Program
- High School (9th – 12th graders) – Career Fair
- Provide various trainings for business that include Fire Extinguisher training, Emergency Evacuation Drills and plan review, Fire drill, and Fire Safety training.
- Fire Extinguisher Training – to ensure businesses can safely operate a fire extinguisher.
- Emergency Procedures plan – to ensure business have a plan in place in case of an emergency such as fire, earthquake, medical emergency or bomb threat
- Fire drills – to ensure evacuation plan in place is within the guidelines of Title 19 and employees are aware of the evacuation plan in case of an emergency and can evacuate or relocate the building within the time frame allotted
The training includes discussing the type of alarm system in the building, the fire plan and evacuation procedures, the most common cause of office fires and responsibility of the building Floor Monitors and the Fire Department. Informational brochures are distributed and a video is available for loan. Learn more: Emergency Evacuation Plan Guideline
Community Events/Block Parties
The Oakland Fire Department is happy to provide personnel and equipment to community events, such as fairs, festivals, parades and public displays. Fire department personnel can assemble and staff a community education information booth equipped with safety literature, displays, demonstrations and games. This is a wonderful opportunity for the community to meet their local firefighters as well as gain valuable life safety information. To Schedule this program Please contact the Oakland Fire Department Public Education Coordinator at (510) 238-7255. Please provide us with a minimum of 30 days advance notice. In order to accommodate possible schedule conflicts, several alternative dates should be supplied.
This is a great way to meet your local firefighters as well as learn how a fire station operates. Any community group or individual is welcome to arrange a tour of a Oakland Fire Department fire station. The tour will focus primarily on the observation of the fire stations living quarters and fire engines. Guests will also be introduced to the many types of fire fighting and rescue equipment that is carried on a modern day fire truck. In addition to viewing the station, fire prevention and safety tips will also be discussed. To schedule this program Please contact the Oakland Fire Department Public Education Coordinator at (510) 238-7255. You may also email us with your request at email@example.com. Please provide us a name and contact number, with preferred station, preferred day of the week and the name of and number of persons in your group. You will receive a reply email with your confirmation within 2 -3 weeks. Please provide us with a minimum of 30 days advance notice. In order to accommodate possible schedule conflicts, several alternative dates should be supplied.