Apply for a Special Event Permit

Special Event Permit Application 
Questionnaire (required) 
(510) 777-8525

Events requiring permits

  • Dances, parades, concerts, or any event that requires a street closure.  
  • Events open to the public that will be attended by 50 or more people. 
  • For profit or non-profit sponsored events that meet the above criteria.

Application instructions:  File your application and questionnaire with the Oakland Police Department at least 30 days prior to your event:

Insurance: You must provide proof of liability insurance for your proposed event.

Sound amplification:  Contact City Administrator to learn if the amplification equipment your event will use requires a sound permit.