Minor Encroachment Permits

All Minor Encroachment Permits require City review and approval BEFORE issuance

Application for Encroachment Permit (ENMI-Permit / ENMJ Permit)


An Encroachment Permit allows your privately owned and maintained item or facility to occupy the public right-of-way.

A Minor Encroachment (ENMI) is defined as “…an encroachment into the public right-of-way resting on or projecting into the sidewalk area, but which is not structurally attached to a building, such as flowerpots, planter boxes, clocks, flagpole sockets, bus shelters, phone booths, bike racks, fences, non-advertising benches, curbs around planter areas, displays of flowers, fresh fruits and vegetables.”