MOSSWOOD INCLUSION CENTER
3612 Webster Street, OAKLAND, CA 94609
Recreation Program Director - Bianca Posada, CTRS, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-597-5064
Office hours: Monday through Friday 11am - 2pm
Program Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 2-6pm; Wednesday 12 pm - 6 pm
The Inclusion Center provides an environment where people have an opportunity to shine regardless of their ability or disability. Our goal is to create an atmosphere of acceptance so that individuals with special needs acquire the confidence and skills to exercise their option to access mainstream programs and services. A component of our service is to include and educate people without disabilities so they may gain the benefit of knowing how to interact with their peers regardless of functioning level.
ADA INCLUSION STATEMENT: The City of Oakland Parks, Recreation & Youth Development (OPRYD) Department is fully committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please make accommodation requests at least 10 days prior to an event. Direct all inquiries concerning program and disability accommodation to the OPRYD Recreation Program Director of Inclusive Services, Bianca Posada, at 510.597.5064, email@example.com, or call 711 for California Relay Service.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If your child has a disability or medical condition that may impact their participation in any of our recreation programs, you may request an accommodation.
- Mosswood Community Adventure Pre-K Playgroups (C.A.P.P. serving youth ages 0 to 5 and their parents/caregivers, This playgroup is FREE and operates on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30am - 12:30pm in Classrooms 1 and 2 at Mosswood Recreation Center.
- Mosswood Teen Inclusion After School Program serving students ages 12-17. Contact Bianca Posada, CTRS at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This is the ideal afterschool program for teens ages 12+ with or without special needs who would benefit from a program led by Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists. Make new friends and play in a safe and welcoming environment! Enjoy cooking, games, art and crafts, gardening, sports, and community outings. Homework help provided upon request. Due to the specialized nature of this program spaces are limited so sign up today!
- Recreation Therapy Internship Program - we accept students from California State University, Sacramento, looking to obtain their recreation therapy certification. Supervised by CTRS
SPECIAL OLYMPICS SPORTS:
- Adaptive Golf at Lake Chabot Golf Course, Monday evenings during the summer season
- Adaptive Softball Wednesday evenings during the summer season.
Help us rebuild Mosswood Recreation Center! Donate to Oakland Parks and Recreation Foundation using the following link: