Expenditures Qualifying for Reimbursement
Reimbursement will only be provided for the following campaign expenditures:
- Candidate filing and ballot fees
- Printed campaign literature and production costs
- Print advertisements
- Radio airtime and production costs
- Television or cable airtime and production costs
- Website design and maintenance costs
A candidate applies for reimbursement by completing LPF Form 3 (Reimbursement Claim Form) which must be accompanied by copies of the following for each item for which reimbursement is requested:
1. Billing invoices;
2. Proof of payment by the campaign committee; and
3. Campaign literature, advertisement, radio or television script, or website configuration, if applicable.
All requests for reimbursement must be submitted prior to the date of the election. Claims submitted on or after the date of the election will not be considered.
Public Ethics Commission staff will review submission and work closely with candidates to ensure that all documents are in order. Once the submission is complete, staff will respond with payment or an explanation of denial within 2 weeks.
Upon approval, public financing checks will only be made payable to a candidate's campaign committee. Candidates must deposit the check into the campaign's account within three business days of receipt.