Report with Oak311 AppDownload
Report with Oak311 WebsiteVisit
Public Works Call Center(510) 615-5566
Illegal dumping is just that – illegal – it is against the Oakland Municipal Code: OMC 12.04.070 and CA Street and Hwy Code: § 5610.
You must meet the following requirements to receive a reward:
- Witnesses must provide their name and contact information (e.g., email and phone number) to the Public Works Call Center.
- Anonymous illegal dumping reports may be made to the City of Oakland, but anonymous reports will not be eligible for a reward.
- Witnesses must provide a signed statement describing the illegal dumping incident and offer any other available evidence, such as photos or video, when contacted by the City Attorney’s Office.
- If the reported illegal dumping incident proceeds to a hearing or judicial proceeding, witnesses must agree to appear and testify.
- The reported illegal dumping must result in a successful enforcement action (e.g., a conviction, finding of liability or settlement).
Amount of Reward:
- If the enforcement action results in the City of Oakland collecting any money, witnesses may receive $100 or half of all civil penalties collected, whichever is greater.
- If the enforcement action is uncontested but the City of Oakland receives no money before forwarding the matter to Collections, witnesses may receive a payment of $10.
- If the enforcement action is unsuccessful, witnesses are not eligible for a reward.
When reporting, please include:
- Photo of the incident
- License plate number and a description of involved vehicles
- Description of the offender(s)
- Description of the items dumped
- Time, date and location of incident you witnessed
- Your name and contact