NOTICE: Due to changes in the weather forecast, PG&E no longer anticipates public safety power shutoffs in Oakland or Alameda County tomorrow, November 20.

Apply for an Alternative Methods Request

If you are requesting an alternate method of construction use the form below to request a review of your request

AMR Request Form


An Alternate Materials and Methods Request is intended to mitigate a shortcoming in the design of a project with respect to an applicable code section known before or after the deficiency was identified. As such, a method for mitigating the deficiency with proof of equivalency may be presented to the Bureau of Building.

Please use the form if an alternative methods request is needed for your property. Page 2 provides guidance as to types of alternative methods requests and how to fill out the form.