This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
Events requiring permits
- Dances, parades, concerts, or any event that requires a street closure.
- Events open to the public that will be attended by 50 or more people.
- For profit or non-profit sponsored events that meet the above criteria.
- Parties on your own property - whether you rent or own - when you are inviting members of the public.
You do NOT need a special permit if you are having a party on you own property for invited guests only (whether it’s inside or outside).
Application instructions: File your application and questionnaire with the Oakland Police Department at least 30 days prior to your event:
- In Person: Eastmont Substation, 2651 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA
Office Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- By email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance: You must provide proof of liability insurance for your proposed event.
Sound amplification: Contact City Administrator (see below) to learn if the amplification equipment your event will use requires a sound permit.
- Nancy Marcus - 510-238-3294 - email@example.com
- Jasmine Chan - 510-238-6914 - firstname.lastname@example.org
To hold a party in a public space (e.g. a City park) you will need to request a reservation with the Office of Parks and Recreation by phone at 510-238-3187 or by email at email@example.com.