Be prepared to provide the following:
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Construction plans
- Structural calculations (as applicable)
- Accessibility checklist (as applicable)
Ready to get started? First, make sure you are registered and activated at our Online Permit Center. For instructions, please visit our Planning & Building Video Tutorials webpage.
- Submit a Building Worksheet through our Online Permit Center*
* NOTE: You will be taken to our login page first before you can submit a Building Worksheet
- In the Worksheet, upload your completed Building Permit Application (if this is a Mandatory Soft Story Retrofit, please indicate that in the description) and all associated plans and documents
Once we receive your application and have created it in our system, we will review your plans. If your plans require corrections or if we need further information, we will contact you. If your plans are approved, we will contact you to issue your permit. For the latest processing estimates, please see our Average Permit Processing Turnaround Times webpage.
Call (510) 238-3891 or find quick answers through our Permit Questions Portal. You may also schedule an appointment with Permit Counter staff during open hours.