This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
- Submit your request using the online form.
- Include the street address and permit number.
- If you do not know the permit number, please call us.
- City staff will determine if the plan or permit is recorded as being in our permanent archives.
- The City is not required to keep all plans and all permits issued by the City.
Viewing a Plan or Permit
- You can not see plans and permits online. You must visit our office in person. Bring a form of identification (e.g., Driver License)
- Tell the staff on duty that you have been notified that the plan or permit you requested has been delivered. Our office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, except Wednesdays when we open at 9:30 am. Please check the City’s website for holidays when City offices are closed.
- Staff will bring the document to the counter and take your identification. A viewing table is available in the lobby.
- You can not take documents outside of the Permit Center. You cannot trace or photograph the documents.
- When you have finished reviewing the document, return it to the Information Station and retrieve your identification.
Making Copies of Plans and Permits
- You must have authorization from the owner of the building and the planner who stamped the plans to make copies.
- The authorization letters must be original. We will not accept copies.
- If you cannot get authorization, call us for assistance.
- Owners must present proof of ownership (Grant Deed or other documentation from Alameda County which serves as proof of ownership).
- You must make arrangements directly with an authorized blueprint company for copying services. The blueprint company will pick-up the original plan, duplicate it, and return it to Building Services.
- You can work with the blueprint company for your copies to be delivered to you.
- Original authorization letters must be submitted prior to the release of plans to a blueprint company.
Authorized companies that provide duplicating services
2327 Union Street
American Reproduction Co.
|East Bay Blueprint & Supply Co.
1745 14th Avenue