For activities that will take place between January 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022
Application Portal Opens: Wednesday December 1, 2021 - 10AM PST
Thursday January 13, 2022 - 5PM PST
Neighborhood Voices for Festivals builds belonging within the dynamic neighborhoods of the City of Oakland by supporting culturally-engaging efforts to bring our city's community members together through festival culture.
This grant opportunity will fund festivals aimed at fostering community resilience, feeding creative well-being, and offering visions for our collective future. Neighborhood Voices for Festivals seeks to affirm the expression, recognition, and understanding of the array of diverse communities that make Oakland unique and resilient.
Festivals are defined as a wide variety of in-person events that are free and open to the public, with multiple activities and events happening simultaneously - including small-scale and first-time festivals to large scale and established festivals. Festivals to be supported may include, but are not limited to: cultural heritage practices, performances in dance, music or theater, visual art and public arts exhibitions/events, and literary presentations, that are rooted in a sense of place.
Individuals are ineligible for this grant category. Organizations receiving FY2021-22 Neighborhood Voices – Org Project or FY2021-22 Organizational Assistance grants are also ineligible to apply in this category.
HOW TO APPLY WORKSHOPS (Held Virtually)
RSVP to email@example.com to confirm your attendance and receive the Zoom link.
- Thursday December 2, 2021 - 12PM-1PM PST
- Wednesday December 8, 2021 – 5PM-6PM PST
- Application Portal Opens: Wednesday December 1, 2021 10AM
- Application Online Workshops: December 2, 2021 12-1PM & December 8, 2021 5-6PM
- Applications Due: Thursday January 13, 2022 5PM
- Public Panel Deliberations: Week of February 14, 2022 (Time and Date TBA)
- Funding Advisory Committee Review: Late February 2022 (Time and Date TBA)
- Life Enrichment Committee Review: March 2022 (Time and Date TBA)
- City Council Approval & Review: April 2022 (Time and Date TBA)
- Grant Agreements Sent to Grantee for Completion: Late April 2022 (Time TBD)
- Grant Checks Processed: June 2022 (TBD: 6+ weeks after completed grant agreement is received)
If you have any questions about the grant guidelines or eligibility, please contact Raquel Iglesias at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 238-2212